Adrenal Fatigue: Signs and SymptomsSIGNS and SymptomsDifficulty getting up in the morning & need coffee or stimulants to get going. Lack of energy in the afternoon between 3 to 5 pm. Tendency to gain weight and be unable to lose it, especially around the waist. Frequent flu, colds, sinus infections, and coughs & lasts longer than usual. Reduced sex drive. Lightheaded, especially when rising from a laying down position. Unable to remember things. Feel better suddenly after a meal, but only for a brief period. Cravings for salty, fatty, and high protein food such as meat and cheese. Increased PMS symptoms in women.
See very bottom of this page for natural solutions using lifestyle and dietary recommendations.
Please schedule a 30 minute consultation with our Licensed Nutritionist who will take your unique health situation into consideration to recommend the best protocol. (Note: we offer a $25.00 gift certificate with your consult that you can use towards your product purchase!)
Natural Therapies for Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal Fatigue is a health disorder that can affect anyone who experiences persistent or severe emotional or physical stress. The adrenal glands release cortisol and other stress hormones in response to physical and emotional stress. Over time, the adrenal glands can lose the ability to keep up with the demands of stress, resulting in extreme fatigue, cravings, mood swings, and weight gain around the abdomen. Lab tests may show low cortisol levels. If you have a few of the below symptoms, chances are you have adrenal fatigue or exhaustion.
Other Signs and Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
Tremble when under pressure
Pain in the upper back or neck with no apparent reason
Food and or inhalant allergies
Lethargy and lack of energy
Increased effort to perform daily tasks
Decreased ability to handle stress
Dry and thin skin
Low Body Temperature
Unexplained hair loss
Alternating constipation and diarrhea
Causes of Adrenal FatigueChronic stress and a poor diet are commonly the culprits. The combination of work and family pressure, illness, sleep deprivation, psychological and emotional issues, having children, moving, excessive exercise, death in the family, changing jobs, and marital disharmony can all contribute to chronic stress which weaken the adrenal glands. In addition, a poor diet including sugar, caffeine, and refined foods further weaken the adrenal glands. Fatigue occurs when the amount of stress overextends the capacity of the body to compensate and recover.
- Avoid stress and extra obligations.
- Get regular exercise such as walking, yoga, tai chi, and pilates (not jogging).
- Avoid corticosteroids and NSAIDS (if possible).
- Resolve emotional issues.
- Avoid wheat flour and dairy products (unless raw from grassfed cows).
- Avoid sugar and hydrogenated oils.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and caffeine.
- Avoid refined, processed, and packaged foods.
- Avoid refined oils such as safflower, sunflower, corn and soybean oil.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3s such as salmon, mackerel and tuna.
- Consume green drinks or fresh vegetable juices.
- Helpful teas: Ginseng, Chamomile, Green tea.
- Drink mineral rich homemade Chicken or Fish Bone Broths daily (See Broth Recipes).
Please schedule a 30 minute consultation
with our Licensed Nutritionist who will take your unique health situation into consideration to recommend the best protocol. (Note: we offer a $25.00 gift certificate with your consult that you can use towards your product purchase!)