Heart Health and Heart Disease Prevention
See bottom of page for dietary and lifestyle recommendations
Lifestyle and Dietary Recommendations
- Increase consumption of fiber-rich plant food such as vegetables, salads, legumes, raw nuts and seeds, and fruits. In general, the fibers most linked to the reduction of cholesterol levels are found in oats, psyllium seeds, fruit (pectin) and beans (guar gum).
- Exercise regularly (at least 3-4 times per week). Great forms of exercise include walking, yoga, tai chi, and strength training. Get to your ideal body weight.
- Eliminate all hydrogenated oils or trans fatty acids found in margarine, cooking oils, junk food, fried foods, & package foods. Read labels.
- Eliminate or avoid sugar and especially high fructose corn syrup.
- Eat protein at every meal emphasizing salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines, tuna, or Whey Protein.
- Use olive oil for low heat cooking. Use Coconut Oil if you must do high heat cooking.
- Do not smoke.
Please schedule a 30 minute consultation
with our Licensed Nutritionist who will take your unique health situation into consideration to recommend the best protocol. (Note: we offer a $25.00 gift certificate with your consult that you can use towards your product purchase!)