Inflammatone contains a combination of the most powerful and safe anti-inflammatory herbs and enzymes which naturally reduce inflammation. Helps all conditions which are typically treated with COX-2 inhibitors. Inflammatone can be used along with or as a nontoxic alternative to anti-inflammatory drugs. The enzymes used in Inflammatone help each other break down inflammation.
Benefits of Inflammatone:
Reduces the effects and discomfit of:
Headaches & migraines
Swelling in joints & muscles
Colitis and IBS
This powerful formula combines the best of science and enzyme technology for degrading fibrinolytic protein compounds produced during inflammation. The carefully chosen herbs have lipooxygenase (LOX) inhibition, COX 2 inhibition, only mild COX 1 inhibition (to avoid blood thinning and stomach sensitivity), as well as free radical protection.*
It is important to take Inflammatone between meals or on an empty stomach so that the systemic enzymes will make it through the GI tract and into circulation. You can start with 2 caps twice daily, then gradually add 1 cap with each dose. The medical adviser at Designs for Health (who is a Naturopathic Doctor) has advised that a person can go up to 12 caps daily for a higher level of anti-inflammatory support and to help reduce scar tissue more effectively.
It can take up to 2-3 months before some people will see signs of improvement depending on their level of dosing, though some see improvement within a few weeks, so this can be very individual. The dose really does matter. If you do not take a dose that works or if you forget to take it, the effects may be minimal.
For our strongest anti-inflammatory, you may also be interested in Vxe which is a stronger systemic enzyme product than the Inflammatone, so less pills need to be taken to get improvement.
Q: Are the capsules of Inflammatone enteric coated? If they are not enteric coated if the stomach acid breaks the enzymes down before they ever reach the intestines since one is suppose to take them on an empty stomach?
A: The enzymes in Inflammatone by DFH do not need to be enteric coated. Unlike enzymes from animal sources, enzymes derived from most microbial and plant sources (including those in Inflammatone) are stable throughout a broad pH range including the acidic pH found in the gastric region as well as the neutral to alkaline pH of the intestines. Most have a narrower range for maximal enzymatic activity, but they remain stable and minimally active within a very large range, some as wide as pH 2-10. The reason that the instructions for taking a product such as Inflammatone specify taking between meals is to optimize the amount of the active enzyme that can be absorbed and utilized in systemic circulation. Intestinal absorption of a large protein such as an enzyme is inefficient, which is one of the reasons that such high activity dosages are utilized in this type of product. If taken with meals the enzymes would preferentially use the food as a substrate and would be less likely to come in contact with the intestinal wall and be directly absorbed into circulation.
The proteolytic enzymes not only break down inflammatory proteins including kinins and fibrin but also enhance the breakdown and removal of damaged tissue improving lymphatic drainage. Inflammatone is safe to use in high doses yet powerful enough to provide results with as little as two capsules per day. For best results, this product should be taken on an empty stomach, approximately one hour before meals or several hours after.
Inflammatone : New & Improved
Designs for Health made this popular and effective formula even better. Why? Compelling research convinced us to make the following changes:
Increased dosages per capsule of the main anti-inflammatory herbs boswellia, turmeric and ginger [3,4]
Additional ingredients with anti-inflammatory action:
the antioxidant/antiglycating flavonoid rutin 
the powerful antioxidant/anti-inflammatory compounds rosemary and resveratrol [6,7]
stronger, more targeted proteolytic enzyme mix with the addition of trypsin, chymotrypsin and Serrazymes
Inflammatone Competitive Advantages
Inhibits Inflammatory Processes in Multiple Metabolic Pathways
Good Safety Record and Extensive Research on all Ingredients
Designs for Health chose not to include the following ingredients for these reasons:
Hops was shown to cause urticaria and other allergic effects
Oleanolic acid was shown to increase insulin production similar to glucose
Cayenne pepper was shown to cause GI irritation and leaky gut
INFLAMMATONE INGREDIENTS TARGET MANY METABOLIC PATHWAYS OF THE INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE [1,2]:
1. Significant inhibition of the COX-2 (cyclooxygenase) enzyme, which produces prostaglandins PG-E2 (inflammatory) and thromboxanes TX-A2 (vasoconstrictive and increases platelet aggregation). The COX-2 inhibition is achieved by turmeric, ginger, quercitin and resveratrol. The PG-E2 is also known to increase cell proliferation, which may be beneficial for normal tissue growth and wound healing but not for cancer promotion. That is why inflammation was associated in many studies with the risk of cancer development and underscores the importance of keeping inflammation under control.
2. Additional inhibition of the expression of the COX-2 enzyme by antioxidant effects on NF-Kappa B, which is one of the regulators of the cytokine (inflammatory) response. This is achieved by the antioxidant action of turmeric, quercitin, rutin, rosemary and resveratrol. This is a preferred mechanism of inhibition because it acts upstream in the metabolic pathway by reducing oxidative stress, which can be one of the causes of inflammation. So this is a preventive action as opposed to blocking inflammation after it has started.
3. Inflammatone ingredients have a minimal inhibition of the COX-1 enzyme which has a maintenance function for a number of tissues in the body, including intestinal cells. This is unlike aspirin or NSAIDs which are both very irritating to the GI tract.
4. Inflammatone has a mild anti-thrombotic (blood thinning) effect which could result in increased cardiovascular risk protection, similar to that of aspirin yet without aspirin's severe GI irritation. The blood thinning effect of Inflammatone is due to the following:
mild COX-1 inhibition by ginger and resveratrol
mild anti-coagulating activity of turmeric and quercitin
fibrinolytic effect of the proteolytic enzymes, especially the Serrazymes Cancer metastasis is known to be mediated by increased platelet aggregation, so any agent that decreases it may reduce the risk of cancer proliferation. 
5. Inflammatone may be superior to selective COX-2 inhibitors like VIOXX and Celebrex due to the fact that, by design, they are lacking any COX-1 inhibiting activity, which affects platelet aggregation. That is why drugs like VIOXX and Celebrex were shown in studies to increase the risk of thrombosis and overall CVD risk. This is especially important for patients with low omega-3 fatty acid stores.
6. Inflammatone may be superior to selective COX-2 inhibiting drugs due to the fact that in addition to inhibiting COX-2, some Inflammatone ingredients also inhibit the LOX (Lipooxygenase) enzyme. This enzyme is normally producing Leukotrienes (LT-4 series) which cause broncho-constriction and vasoconstriction. The LOX inhibition is achieved by boswellia, turmeric, ginger, quercitin and resveratrol.
7. Inflammatone may be superior to the typical anti-asthma drugs that are only leukotriene receptor blockers. This is because Inflammatone reduces the formation of leukotrienes (LT) in the first place as opposed to just blocking certain LT receptors, as the drugs do.
8. One other important reason Inflammatone may be better than the available selective anti-inflammatory drugs is that it combines many benefits in one, blocking many pathways at the same time. When any one drug is given, it only blocks one Arachidonic Acid (AA) pathway, for example VIOXX and Celebrex block only COX-2 which causes an overflow of AA into the other pathway, the LOX-1. That is why COX-2 inhibiting drugs are known to have side effects such as increased incidence of asthma.
9. Some of the Inflammatone ingredients were shown to block Phospholipase A2 (turmeric, ginger) or TNF-alpha (Quercitin) which is similar to what corticosteroids do, but without their side effects.
Additional benefits: rutin reduces glycation, Serrazymes improve the efficacy of antibiotic treatment and relieve sinus congestion via mucolytic effects. Look for an extensive description of the many benefits of resveratrol such as that on collagen, cardiovascular disease and others in our new upgraded Grape Seed Supreme flyer. Inflammatone works both on an empty stomach and with food but it has slightly different effects: a. On an empty stomach, the proteolytic enzymes are absorbed partially in the circulation and clear out immune complexes that accumulate in joints, airways, intestinal tract, and any tissue that had already started the inflammatory process. Once absorbed in the blood stream, these proteolytic enzymes have a fibrinolytic effect, thus reducing blood clot formation. b. When taken with food, the proteolytic enzymes will aid in protein digestion which is very likely to reduce certain protein’s allergenic potential. This will prevent an inflammatory response that might result from undigested peptides like gluten, casein, egg, soy, etc. This will also tend to reduce the total body inflammatory load.
The array of proteolytic enzymes contained in Inflammatone were specifically chosen to have good activity over a very wide range of pH, characteristic of the stomach and intestinal environment.
Research shows that inflammation is associated with many serious disorders. By controlling the inflammatory processes in multiple metabolic pathways, Inflammatone can be helpful for most, if not all, especially for post-operative healing .
FitzGerald GA, Patrono C. The coxibs, selective inhibitors of cyclooxygenase-2. N Engl J Med. 2001 Aug 9;345(6):433-42
De Caterina R, Zampolli A. From asthma to atherosclerosis—5-lipoxygenase, leukotrienes, and inflammation. N Engl J Med. 2004 Jan 1;350(1):4-7
Ammon HP, Safayhi H . Mechanism of antiinflammatory actions of curcumine and boswellic acids. J Ethnopharmacol. 1993 Mar; 38(2-3): 113-9.
Kiuchi F, Iwakami S . Inhibition of prostaglandin and leukotriene biosynthesis by gingerols and diarylheptanoids. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 1992 Feb; 40(2): 387-91.
Guardia T, Rotelli AE . Anti-inflammatory properties of plant flavonoids. Effects of rutin, quercetin and hesperidin on adjuvant arthritis in rat. Farmaco. 2001 Sep;56(9):683-7.
Manna SK, Mukhopadhyay A. Resveratrol suppresses TNF-induced activation of nuclear transcription factors NF-kappa B, activator protein-1, and apoptosis: potential
Lo AH, Liang YC . Carnosol, an antioxidant in rosemary, suppresses inducible nitric oxide synthase through down-regulating nuclear factor-kappaB in mouse
Surh YJ. Anti-tumor promoting potential of selected spice ingredients with antioxidative and anti-inflammatory activities: a short review. Food Chem Toxicol 2002 role of reactive oxygen intermediates and lipid peroxidation. 1: J Immunol. 2000 Jun 15; 164(12): 6509-19. macrophages. Carcinogenesis. 2002 Jun;23(6):983-91. Aug;40(8):1091-7
Satoskar RR, Shah SJ . Evaluation of anti-inflammatory property of curcumin (diferuloyl methane) in patients with postoperative inflammation. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol. 1986 Dec; 24(12): 651-4
After 30 days I have less painand stiffness in my fingers but need to continue to see if I will get more relief.
Reviewed by Ronald Scholar from Roseville, CA.
To soon to tell on the efficacy of the product, but Rockwell's prompt shipping and good prices are much appreciated.
Reviewed by Chrissy from Garrison, NY.
Unfortunately I did not see much of a difference while taking this product. I was taking 2 capsules twice a day. When I tried to reduce the amount of Advil I take (2 pills twice a day) my osteoarthritis got worse.
Reviewed by Mary from Royal Palm Florida.
Inflammatone is a great product in helping to relieve swelling in the body I use it for sprangs and muscle soreness etc.
Reviewed by Rhonda Star from Sandy Hook,MS.
I began taking this in hopes that it would help me for severe arthritis in my neck. I had heard that the ingredient tumeric was helpful. I have not found any improvement. After doing some research on my own, I found out that it may be beneficial to have a higher dose of tumeric than what is available in the Inflammatone caps. It may help others that have a milder case of arthrits.
Reviewed by Half court hilly from Pa.
Works great to remove excess fluids in your system.
Reviewed by momjam from Dickinson/TX.
This stuff works for me, and is not a man made cocktail of synthetics, but derived from ingredients found nature. If I doubt how much it helps, just like Peggy, i "remember" when I run out ;)
Reviewed by Bernard Brothman from Morris Plains / New Jersey.
I guess it works, as it does not hurt.
Reviewed by Peggy from Spring Hill, Florida.
I am very happy with the results of using Inflammatone.Once I thought "its no loger working" BUT when I ran out . . . I couldn't wait for the shipment to arrive! The friendliness of the staff at Rockwell is a nice bonus.
Keep up the greatwork!!!
Reviewed by booboo from san diego.
First of all, I love Designs for Health and secondly, I love Inflammatone. It was recommended to me by my nutritionist 2 yrs ago for my gut issues but I am unable to order through him as he's moved out of the country. Ordering through Rockwell was easy and friendly. Thank you.
Reviewed by theresa from east islip. ny.
I am still using this product for over one year. I feel it is helping with my fibromyalgia pain.
Reviewed by Liz from Richmond,TX.
This product was recommended to me by a N.D. Works great!
Reviewed by Francine du Pont from Wilmington, DE.
Recommended by Naturopath. Great product
Reviewed by theresa from suffolk county, ny.
I have fibromyalgia,, I gave this product more time and I have to say it is starting to work. I am finding releif with the severe leg pains I was receiving on a daily basis. I will continue to try and hope for more releif.
Reviewed by theresa from suffolk county, NY.
I have fibromyalgia, with full body pain.
I honestly have not noticed any difference since taking the inflammatone. I will continure to give it more time.
Reviewed by Janet from Sherman Oaks, CA.
This is a terrific product. I feel a positive shift in energy and have used it for a couple of weeks. I plan to continue to use it! Thank you for developing this product :)
working great so far
Reviewed by Martin from SF / CA.
my doctor actually suggested these for systemic inflammatory problems... these in combination with medication have really helped. the combination works better than the meds alone. (that's not a medical opinion; i'm not a doctor, just a happy customer.)