† Occasional muscle pain due to exercise or overuse Safe and Effective, Lab Tested for Purity and Safety
CLINICALLY STUDIED BCM-95® CURCUMIN and BosPure® Boswellia
Curaphen® contains a super-absorption curcumin called BCM-95® that is significantly better absorbed than plain curcumin products.
BCM-95® has been proven in published clinical studies to provide consistent and long-lasting effects. The impact of BosPure® Boswellia is enhanced by reducing beta-boswellic acid and providing naturally higher levels of AKBA. DLPA may support healthy activity of endorphins and enkephalins, and nattokinase helps healthy circulation—an important feature for proper nutrient delivery and effectiveness.*
We invite you to review the published literature on this product on Euromedica's website, see the Literature tab:
If you would like more info on Curaphen, please consult with our Nutritionist (Contact Us )
Servings Per Container: 120 Amount per 1 VCAP: Proprietary EP612 Complex 727 mg*
DLPA (dl Phenylalanine),Boswellia (Boswellia serrata) Gum Resin Extract (BosPure®) standardized to contain >70% Total Organic and Boswellic Acids with AKBA >10%, with less than 5% beta-boswellic acids, Curcumin (Curcuma longa) Rhizome Extract (BCM-95®) standardized for curcuminoid complex (curcumin, demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin), Nattokinase
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose capsules, vegetable source magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide. Contains Soy (less than 5 parts per million)
Recommendations: One capsule three times daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Contains no: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, dairy products, artificial coloring, artificial flavoring, or preservatives. Color variations are normal.
Occasional muscle pain due to exercise or overuse.
Does not interfere with stomach, liver or kidney function.
BosPure® and BCM-95® are registered trademarks of Dolcas-Biotech
If pregnant or nursing, consult a health care practitioner before using.
Made in the USA
Questions about dosing: Should CuraPro & CuraPhen be taken after a meal? Or is there a better time to take these & can they be used together for additional support?
Answer from EuroMedica: We recommend that most supplements be taken with meals or food as most people have better absorption this way and it eliminates any risk of upset stomach for those who have sensitivities.
However, I have heard of people taking these at all times and with and without food with excellent results. Yes Curaphen and CuraPro can be used together for additional support.
CuraPro is a very high dose of just one ingredient, our clinically proven BCM-95 curcumin. Curaphen is our professional pain formula. It contains a much smaller dose of BCM-95 curcumin and 3 other products that work together to address pain issues.
BCM-95 has been proven to have a blood retention time of 8-12 hours. With that said, I would dose a morning and an evening dose of Curaphen for those who are really struggling. Or Morning, noon, and night.
Curaphen® is a combination of four clinically studiedingredients that are designed to address occasional muscle pain and overuse: BCM-95® bioavailable curcumin, Bos-Pure® standardized boswellia extract, dl-phenylalanine, and nattokinase.
BCM-95® curcumin: Curaphen® contains a uniquely bioavailable form of curcumin called BCM-95®. Curcumin is a compound from turmeric, used traditionally as a spice, food ingredient, and as a botanical in Ayurvedic medicine. Benefits associated with curcumin include: immune system modulation, protection from oxidative stress, and support for the body's natural inflammatory response. However, although curcumin has shown great promise for these many benefits, it is not easily absorbed. Efforts to make curcumin more bioavailable have included standardization (to 95%), and combining with lecithin and/or piperine. While standardization is common, it still hasn't resulted in absorption and plasma levels of curcumin needed to see the most benefit. In fact, clinical trials have used increasingly larger dosages (up to 10-12 grams daily) in order to get even a small amount into the bloodstream. Adding lecithin is one option that does increase absorption to a point (up to 5-fold in a small rat study), but piperine presents potential issues with significant prescription interactions and liver function. Fortunately, one curcumin extract – BCM-95® -- has been clinically tested and shown to have up to 10 times the bioavailability and greater blood retention time than standard 95% curcumin extracts, and 6.3 times more than curcumin complexed with lecithin and piperine. It is this curcumin formula that is featured in Curaphen.
Absorption: This chart shows the difference in absorption between the BCM-95® and curcumin complexed with piperine or lecithin.
Purpose in Curaphen®
BCM-95® curcumin: Clinically tested and shown to have up to 10 times the bioavailability and greater blood retention time than standard 95% curcumin extracts, and 6.3 times more than curcumin complexed with lecithin and piperine.
Benefits associated with curcumin include: immune system modulation, protection from oxidative stress, and support for the body's natural inflammatory response. Inhibits multiple inflammation pathways in the body, including COX-2
Bos-Pure® boswellia Boswellic acids are most associated with support of the body's inflammatory response, but not all boswellic acids have beneficial effects. In fact, the presence of the less desirable beta-boswellic acid, can potentially promote, rather than block, inflammatory compounds. Bos-Pure® is screened in a manner that reduces beta-boswellic acid content to less than 5%, and assures that at least 15% or more of the extract includes acetyl-11-keto-ß-boswellic acid (AKBA) – that greatly increases its benefit. Bos-Pure has up to a 2-fold greater impact on natural inflammatory factors compared to standard boswellia extracts.
Helps reduce 5-LOX (lipoxygenase) activity, and works synergistically with curcumin to relieve pain.
DLPA (D,L – phenylalanine): The amino acid DLPA contains the "D" and "L" forms, and each contributes to the formula.
The "D" form of DPLA inhibits the breakdown of compounds called enkephalins, which are related to endorphins, and are associated with positive mood. Enkephalins are also shown to relieve occasional muscle pain due to exercise or overuse.The "L" form improves mood-elevating chemicals in the brain, such as dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine which can have a significant impact on pain.
Nattokinase: Nattokinase is an enzyme extract of the fermented soy food, natto.
Helps promote blood flow, aiding the other ingredients in Curaphen to reach all areas of the body. Also helps support balanced fibrinogen levels in the body. Excess fibrinogen levels have been noted in post-exercise muscle pain and occasional muscle strain.20
The ingredients in Curaphen® are robust, well-studied and intended for everyday use. The charts above and below illustrate the differences between BCM-95 curcumin and Bos-Pure boswellia extract compared to commonly recommended preparations of the same botanicals.
The Bos-Pure® difference:
A natural intervention to support the body's own natural anti-inflammatory abilities is important for practitioners and patients alike. Curaphen provides the powerful ingredients necessary to be a professional pain formula.
Occasional pain and inflammation due to exercise or overuse.
Dosage: 1 capsule 3 times daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
1. Antony B, Merina B, Iyer VS, Judy N, Lennertz K, Joyal S. A pilot cross-over study to evaluate human oral bioavailability of BCM-95 CG (Biocurcumax™) a novel bioenhanced preparation of curcumin. Ind J Pharm Sci. 2008:445-449. 2. Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009;14(2):141-53. 3. Jacob A, Wu R, Zhou M, Wang P. Mechanism of the Anti-inflammatory Effect of Curcumin: PPAR-gamma Activation. PPAR Res. 2007;89369.
4. Biswas S, Rahman I. Modulation of steroid activity in chronic inflammation: a novel anti-inflammatory role for curcumin. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008;52(9):987-94.
5. Benny B, Antony B. Bioavailability of Biocurcumax (BCM-95). Spice India. September, 2006:11-15. 6. Ammon HP. Boswellic acids in chronic inflammatory diseases. Planta Med. 2006;72(12):1100-16.
7. DPLA. In: Hendler SS, ed. PDR for Nutritional Supplements. 2nd ed. Montvale, NJ: Physician's Desk Reference; 2008:189. 8. Walsh NE, Ramamurthy S, Schoenfeld L, Hoffman J. Analgesic effects of D-phenylalanine in chronic pain patients. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1986 Jul;67(7):436-9. 9. Russell AL, McCarty MF. DL-phenylalanine markedly potentiates opiate analgesia –- and example of nutrient/pharmaceutical up-regulation of the endogenous analgesia system. Med Hypotheses. 2000 Oct;55(4):283-8. 10. Beckmann H, Strauss MA, Ludolph E. DL-phenylalanine in depressed patients: an open study. J Neural Transm. 1977;41(2-3):123-34. 11. Beckmann H, Athen D, Oltheanu M, et al. DL-phenylalanine versus imipramine: a double-blind controlled study. Arch Psychiatr Nervenkr. 1979 Jul 4;227(1):49-58. 12. Hsia CH, Shen MC, Lin JS, et al. Nattokinase decreases plasma levels of fibrinogen, factor VII, and factor VIII in human subjects. Nutr Res. 2009 Mar;29(3):190-6.
13. [Kizhakedath R, Antony B, Benny M, Kuruvilla BT. Clinical evaluation of a herbal product (Rhulief™) in the management of knee osteoarthritis. Abstract 316. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2011;19(S1):S145-S146.] aka: Randomized, Controlled Human Clinical Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of BCM-95® & Bospure® Compared to Celecoxib in the Management of Knee Osteoarthritis.
I have recently stopped taking anti inflammatory drugs for joint pain and tried this product. Like other supplements, it takes a week or so before you can feel the effects. After that time, I could feel a difference in my pain and mobility level. It reaaly helps and is a much safer way to address inflammation.