Home > Heat Sensitivity Items
HEAT SENSITIVE ITEMS
JUNE - SEPTEMBER Summer shipping/delivery schedule (Saturday delivery is not available)
(Orders received after 1pm EST will be processed the next day)
- Monday by 1pm EST
- Ground shipping - delivery on Thurs.
- 2nd day shipping - delivery on Wed
- Overnight - delivery on Tuesday
- Tuesday by 1pm EST
- Ground shipping - delivery on Friday
- 2nd day shipping - delivery on Thurs.
- Overnight - delivery on Wed.
- Wednesday- only 2nd day & overnight orders received by 1pm will be processed.
Orders received after 1pm or which have ground shipping, will be held until the following Monday.
- 2nd day - delivery on Friday
- Overnight - delivery on Thurs.
- Thursday. - only Overnight orders received by 1pm will be processed.
Orders received after 1pm or which have ground shipping or 2nd day, will be held until the following Monday.
- Overnight - delivery Friday
- Friday - All heat sensitive orders received on Friday will be held for shipping until the following business day.
Suggestions & Practices
- We recommend that you select 2nd Day Air or Overnight during the summer months or if you live in a hot state (any month). If not, your products may arrive 4-5 days later and may be warm or hot to the touch.
- During the summer (June-Sep), we do not process ground ship heat sensitive orders placed after 1pm on Tuesday, we will ship these orders the following Monday.
- We will only ship orders placed on Tuesdays (after 1pm), Wednesday or Thursdays if 2nd day or Overnight shipping is requested AND the package can be delivered in the same week. We do not ship heat sensitive orders on Fridays at all, any time of the year. (unless you request otherwise in "Order Comments" and providing that you do not mind that your package will be held in the shippers non-air-conditioned warehouse during the weekend).
We do our best to minimize the amount of time your products are in transit.
If you are still concerned about the heat, and if you do not want your package left without a signature, please include a note in the comments instructing us to require a signature, also provide a shipping address where there will be someone available to sign and/or bring your package in from the sun.
More information about HLC & HMF Probiotics.
Are Heat Sensitive Products shipped with a cold pack?
A cold pack may be included with the order free of charge during the summer months (Jun-Sept). If you are ordering outside of the summer months, and you would like to ensure they are shipped with a cold pack, please request one during check out or one may not be included in your order. Other cold packing material may be purchased as well at the end of your check out process for extra protection. (The cold pack may be hot upon arrival since it absorbs heat. This is normal, it may also feel a little sticky to the touch). The cold packs used are safe, reusable, non toxic, and made with USDA GRAS List as acceptable food additives.
If your products are hot upon arrival, please store them in the refrigerator upon opening the package.
We cannot refund or replace warm/hot packages.
You will receive your products directly from the manufacturer in about 3-5 days. The products are very fresh and have not been sitting around on our shelves.
Where will the products ship from?
Depending on the product that you ordered, your package may ship from PA, AZ, MT, VA or CT, We do our best to ensure all orders go out as quickly as possible and that your package will spend as little time as possible in transit.
Choose a shipping address where someone can accept your package
If you are concerned about your package being left in the heat outside your door, please enter a shipping address where someone can sign for the package so that it is not left in the sun. By default, signature upon delivery is not required (as a convenience).
Cannot be refunded, returned or exchanged.
International Shipping unavailable.
Refrigerated during storage for maximum stability. For maximum stability in shipping during the summer months, we recommend overnight or 2nd day air at check out. A complimentary cold pack is included June - September
More information about HLC & HMF Probiotics.
My bars melted, what do I do?
The bars do not spoil, but the coated bars may soften or melt within the individual packaging in heat. We suggest putting them in the refrigerator so they will firm up again.
The suppositories do not spoil, but they may soften or melt with heat. We suggest putting them in the refrigerator so they will firm up again.
All fish oil, regardless of the kind of manufacturing process used, uses heat in the processing of fish oils to remove contaminants. Heat itself does not cause oxidative damage to the fish oil it can only affect the rate of oxidation. Without the presence of free radicals or oxygen, there is no oxidation to speed up. This is also why nitrogen-flushed fish oils can handle being shipped, delivered, and stored in even the hottest climates and still taste great.
Additionally, most of our vendors add vitamin E (tocopherol) to help slow the oxidation process once the fish oil is opened. Also, the tinted glass bottles slow the break down of the oil from light if left out, though refrigeration is recommended once opened. See more info on fish oils here on our Blog (June 2nd, 2011 entry): Fish Oil Q&A.
As of 6/13/2011, we could not confirm that any studies have been done by our main vendors, Designs for Health or Pharmax/Genestra on their fish oils to determine how long they would hold up during high heat transport, but both manufacturers have assured us that their fish oils can tolerate the heat in transit. However, if you want added assurance in the hot summer months, you may want to purchase additional heat protection and/or expedited shipping to reduce exposure to heat during shipping. The fish oils are not classified by the manufacturer's as a heat sensitive item and cold packs are NOT automatically included.