Red Yeast Rice - 180 Vegetarian Capsules
Red Yeast Rice
Red yeast rice is the product of yeast (Monascus purpureus) containing several compounds collectively known as monacolins, substances that have been shown by clinical studies to support healthy blood lipids.
The red yeast rice in this product is USDA certified organic and grown in the US. Designs for Health takes great care to assay our red yeast rice to assure that there are undetectable levels of citrinin, as well as substantial levels of naturally-occurring monacolin compounds, especially monacolin K.
Red Yeast Rice may support the health of the arterial lining and help reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
Made with non-GMO ingredients. Natural Alternative for Lipid Management
Red yeast rice is the product of yeast (Monascus purpureus) containing several compounds collectively known as monacolins, substances that have been shown by clinical studies to modulate blood lipids. One of these, "monacolin K," is a potent inhibitor of the HMG-CoA reductase enzyme.
The red yeast rice in this product is USDA certified organic and grown in the USA. Designs for Health takes great care to assay our red yeast rice to assure that there are undetectable levels of citrinin (< 1 ppm), as well as substantial levels of naturally-occurring monacolin compounds, especially monacolin K.
Red Yeast Rice may support:
- Modulation of blood lipids favorably and naturally
- Reduction of microbes known to play a role in cardiovascular disease
- Protection of the arterial lining to prevent atherosclerotic lesions that lead to heart attack
- Reduction of inflammation and oxidative stress, both known to be associated with heart disease
- Favorable alteration of CRP, blood glucose, HDL and triacylglycerol (triglycerides)
Who should take Red Yeast Rice?
- Experience side effects, such as muscle pain, from statin (cholesterol lowering) drugs
- Want to try an alternative way to lower their cholesterol before using statin drugs
- Encounter flushing or other negative effects from taking the B vitamin, niacin, as a means to improve their lipid levels
- Have Metabolic Syndrome
- Have a strong family history of heart disease
- Seek a lower priced alternative to Designs for Health's Lipotrienols RYR, which is a more comprehensive product for preventing and reversing heart disease
How are best results achieved with Red Yeast Rice?
This product works on reducing cholesterol synthesis by suppressing the HMG CoA reductase enzyme. Research concludes that we make most of our endogenous cholesterol while sleeping, therefore, take at bedtime rather than early in the day. Start with 2 capsules per day and increase to 4 per day if needed.
Consider giving this product with coenzyme Q10 since CoQ10 production may be altered as both cholesterol and CoQ10 are synthesized in this same pathway.
Ingredients & Dosage
Resveratrol Supreme (formally Resveratrol Synergy)
Exciting research continues to emerge concerning the powerful polyphenol resveratrol, which is found in peanuts, berries, the skin of red grapes, red wine, and in the Japanese knotweed plant, also known as polygonum. Resveratrol research has proven it to be a very potent antioxidant which, among other things, acts as a sirtuin activator, meaning it activates the SirT1 gene, which is believed to support healthy aging. The polygonum source used in Resveratrol Supreme is standardized to 50% resveratrol, all in the trans form.